Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Stuck

     I had decided not to go anywhere during my month long holidays and finish a lot of pending work. This included finishing some project reports, doing some work for dad on the computer that he wants me to do, and figuring out exactly what I want to do after my Masters and how.

Now with only about a week left before college restarts, I realized I haven't done any of those things. I also wanted to freak out with some light reading, and watch loads and loads of movies. I haven't done much of that either.

What happens during the course of the day is that I sit down to do some important work, but it's a half hearted effort, since I go on telling myself that this is my 'vacation' and I should be chilling with some cool movie right now. So I start watching some movie. But again, a small voice in my head says that I'm wasting my time and should be finishing the tonnes of pending work. So I try to get back to work, but the going is really slow and I get bored soon, and start reading some book. After about a page or two that small voice in my head gets louder and louder till I slam the book shut, and try, in vain to get back to work. My thoughts just swing like some tennis ball between two courts and I end up gaining absolutely nothing but exhaustion.

It's not like I don't know what I should do, I know very well that I if I allot just a couple of hours per day to work, I can be free to do whatever I want for the rest of the day. I'll also be freeing myself from that irritating voice in my head, but it is easier said than done. I can't believe I'm saying this, but deadlines are actually good, and stern professors that grill you if you don't reach your target are what a lazy bum like me needs. Shucks…

Ok I have been staring at what I have written so far so the past 10 minutes. And I can't believe I am actually stuck in such a sick mess. If I want to enjoy my vacation to the fullest I seriously need to get that work done. NOW!    

No comments: