I can picture you on this gigantic ship. It’s too foggy to discern the details of the ship, but I can see you standing on the Upper Deck (I am guessing that’s what it’s called..). And surprisingly it’s not beer or any other form of alcohol you’re holding in your hand. It’s coffee. And somehow there aren’t any other sailors on board that I can see either. Maybe it’s a form of symbolism. I reckon 6 months out at sea could get lonely.
The fact that I won’t be seeing you for the next 6 months is slowly sinking in. (pun not intended). And the fact that we didn’t even have a proper goodbye isn’t in any way helping me get over this sinking feeling. I won’t ramble on here about why I didn’t meet you that day. Going that way would be futile.
So I’ll just wait here, wait for the 6 months to get over.
Hey, what do you know, one can be lonely on land too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
arbit? symbolism? reality?
oops sorry for not being more clear!
this post is meant for a shippy friend of mine who has gone off to sea for the next 6 months. i din't say goodbye to him as i was angry at him that day, but then my anger subsided and i actually ended up feeling bad about the fact that i didn't bid farewell.
this is how i expressed what i felt.
see, i told u write well..
i got the meaning..was just curious whether it was about something that happened with u or fiction..
hmm oh well,, guess i answered that then..
Post a Comment