Thursday, May 15, 2008

It was good while it lasted

"Here, this is my card", he said giving her his business card.
"The first email address is mostly for official purposes but I generally keep in touch with friends via the second one", he explained.
"And this is the address to my blog. I totally love to blog. Do you blog?" he asked excitedly.
"Blog?"

That word triggered the release of old memories, long forgotten in the recesses of her brain.
"Oh yes, I used to have a blog..." she said and trailed off, thinking about her beloved blog. She was suddenly walking down memory lane; those wonderful days when she wrote regularly and looked forward to people's comments. Where had all those times disappeared? Did she seriously have no time now to write about the tiny little things happening in her life? Or had blogging been just a phase of her life that had faded away, like her harry potter craze?
Somehow she knew those 'phases' could not be brought back to life, those days could not be relived no matter how hard she tried now. Somehow she knew she would never be 22 again.
"Well, at least it was good while it lasted anyway", she consoled herself.

1 comment:

viraj said...

Yet another interesting post..Do I see some similarity to Diti here? and what wud u say abt ur post now?